- We look at the patient interaction differently.
Telling the study participant to go somewhere, you get a 34% conversion rate. We get a 92% conversion rate over a 10 year period by going to the participant.
- We take the solution to the participant.
Everything happens in the comfort and privacy of their own home. “The home as hospital”.
- We digitize and transmit research data in real-time from the contact point with the participant.
- Our staff and shareholding reflect the cultural diversity in the country.
We serve our target communities in their own mother tongue, from our contact centre to the personal and individual contact with the professional nurse. Our respect for the client is reflected in how we treat them.
Respect is one of
our core values
POINTS OF STRENGTH
We have partnered with various medical data centers and re-insurance companies to use advanced AI algorithms to search for potential study subjects
STEP 1 We consult with the identified referring physicians about their patients who have been identified and are potential participants in the study. Once the referring physician is happy with the supplied data and cross-referenced with their own, we obtain consent from the referring physician to contact his or her patients on their behalf to explain the context of the study and the invite to enroll.
STEP 2 The same professional nurse works with the patient throughout the trial, to completion. The nurse is the liaison between the researcher, always referring physician and patient.
STEP 3 Once we have the proposed clinical trial requirements, we do an AI-driven data analysis of the nearly 3 billion data points on offer. We identify potential participants and referring physician detail. All patient detail is depersonalized.
STEP 4 A formal appointment is made with the patient, at a destination of their convenience, and all pre-trial explanation, documentation and consent forms are completed and signed. All fears are addressed and full feedback is given to the referring physician.
Our national network of licensed, highly skilled mobile professional nurses is GCP (Good Clinical Practice) trained to support your protocol and study requirements and can conduct everything from
- Simple questionnaires and
- Vital sign assessments to
- Complex biological sample collection,
- Blood draws, and
- Study drug administration.
Decentralized Clinical Trials (DCT) conducted by Curo Health officer
- Quality Deliverables
Success depends on the quality of samples and data. Our professional diligent training and collection process mean sample integrity is high and data is clean.
- Aggressive Timeline & Budget Achievements
We are dedicated to efficiently and creatively reaching study goals.
- Transparent & Collaborative
Good effective communication is critical to making home health visits work.
- National & Virtual Expertise
Geographic coverage is our specialty.
Advantages offered to patients in home-based studies include:
- Reduction in patient travel time
- Convenient home visit times,
- Reduction of financial constraints associated with travel and missed work.
- Even chaperoning services for the occasional clinical visit.
Result of not being tied to a physical study site location. Remote access to clinical trials substantially improves rates of enrolment and retention for the following patient reasons.
- Remote pediatric participation reduces impact on parent to transport patient
- Patients who do not drive or are too sick to drive
- Patients with a rare disease and no nearby study center
- Patients who dislike or are afraid of physician’s offices or hospitals
- Patients who move annually (“snowbirds”) and are in long trials
- Patients that cannot afford to miss work to attend multiple site visits
- Patients with busy schedules and multiple responsibilities
Services and procedures formerly only offered at clinical research sites
Now being routinely provided to home-based study participants and include the following
- Study-drug transportation, preparation and administration, and accountability
- Patient/caregiver training and education (drug self-administration, and supervision)
- Long-term and post-study drug observation
- ECGs, pulmonary testing, accurate blood pressure monitoring, etc.
- Patient Informed Consent
- Laboratory sample collection, preparation, packing, and shipping
- Adverse Event collection and reporting
- Enhanced observation and training of patient-reported outcomes measures and administration of questionnaires
Benefits of DCT
The main benefits of conducting Decentralized Clinical Trails
- Improve patient enrolment and retention
- Achieve greater patient compliance,
- Work with a more clinically representative patient population.
- Possibilities of the new technologies include
- Online consultations with the doctor
- Electronic collection of clinical trial data from the participants
- Blood samples, for example, could be taken at the participant’s home or work.
- Ensures participant demographic diversity,
which is beneficial for clinical trials, ultimately accelerating the conduct of trials.
- Study participants should reflect the demographics of clinically relevant populations, and should be diverse in gender, race, and ethnicity.
Classes of studies that are particularly well suited to this approach are the following:
- Covid-19 positive infected participants
- Congestive heart failure
- Pediatric and elderly
- CNS and Alzheimer’s or dementia trials
- Long-term trials and/or those that require frequent site visits